I know I've been avoiding the subject the whole time I've been on break, but sooner or later, I'm going to have to come to realize that I am getting ready to begin my last semester of undergrad...and as some would say, enter the real world.
I was thinking about the past four years of my life, and all the amazing things that have happened in those four years. I have had some bad things happen in the past four years, and I've had some awesome things happen. During all the bad things, I would continully ask God why???
During the beginning of my freshman year, I asked God, "why do I have to leave all my friends from high school" and "why do things have to change" and "why do I have to be in a dorm room instead of sleeping in my own bed".
My sophmore year, I found myself asking God, "why can't I get this guy to like me" and "why in the world did I do that" and "why can't I get this guy to like me" and "why in the world did I do that"...you see the pattern.
Then my junior year, I asked God, "why did you have to take this person out of my life", and "why did I let myself act like that" and "why can't this decision just be easy".
During the moments I would whine to God about why my life wasn't working out exactly how I wanted it to, I had no idea that He would answer every single one of those annoying "whys". But as I look back now, I realize why He took that person out of my life...and why that very important decison was one I had to think long and hard about....and why all those guys never decided to like me....and even why things had to change in my life.
During all those moments, I was unhappy, or disappointed, or confused, or listening to sad country songs with my roommate, or crying on the futon with Jimmy legs....all the while, I was learning who I was and who God wanted me to be, even though I couldn't see it at the time.
I heard a preacher say that sometimes life hurts...we cannot understand why in the world things happen they way they do, or even what we are suppossed to do about them... but being molded into what God wants us to be is going to hurt sometimes...we are being shaped and molded into the person God wants us to be, and sometimes that means having to suffer a bit. But in the end, it will all be worth it!
As for entering the real world, I don't really know if that's going to be possible for me...Sometimes I think I live in my own little fantsay world, and I don't really plan on living anytime soon!!
Monday, January 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment